Donate Shop Now

St Lawrence’s Church, Bidborough

In Royal Tunbridge Wells, the Bidborough parish tribute to its victims of the two world wars takes the form of two memorial panels which are located in the lychgate of the parish church of St Lawrence. In addition to the memorial panels, there is also a window behind the sweeping pendulum in the tower of church which is in remembrance of “Those men of Bidborough who gave their lives for the country in the Great War 1914-1918.” The memorial window was dedicated on 31 October 1924 by the Bishop of Rochester, The Right Reverend John Reginald Harmer D.D

10 men are named on the memorial and so ten Perspex figures will sit in the pews of the church over the remembrance period in 2018

There But Not There